Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The wearing o' the green

Just a note in passing that I have posted some photos of Saturday's Saint Pat's concert in Paris.

This huge combination sports arena and concert hall held 17,000 participants to various artists and dancers from Brittany ( West France),Wales,Scotland, and yes Ireland.



Leaving you with this view of the Coleman Irsh dance company :


They were just so beautiful and talented !

You can see other photos at Home in France , which is my personal blog.

Have a nice day.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Hi, I told you I'd get back with you on my Carroll line. It's not a name I've researched yet so this is all I have: My ggg grandmother was Maria Carroll born 1849 in Illinois and she married Simon Foley. Her parents were Thomas Carroll born abt 1808 Ireland and he married Rosana Kinney b about 1812 Ireland. That's all I know so far. I'll have to research more. I also just discovered my dh has Carroll in his line too, ewwww,lol..his were in North Carolina.

barbara said...

Hi Tanya,
Welcome to my genealogy blog.
That is interesting that you also have a Carroll line.So far, excepting one of my gr-gr grandparents' sons who left PA to live in Cook Co,IL,our family is PA based.
We never had Carrolls in our family from the Southern states, neither. If you take a look at some of the Carroll links on my sidebar, several are based in the South.
But, you never know going back further, if any of the Carrolls may are distant cousins or such. Do you know your Irish village ?

Do feel free to stop by. I do publish my findings whenever something comes up.

Happy Hunting to you !