Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Carrolls in Fayette County PA

I would like to present a Carroll genealogy that is not a part of my family, but merits to be published. This is Mr. Jim Carroll Andrew's family line.His Carroll line is also from PA, but from Wharton Twp in Fayette County .

I met Jim after one of my recent posts on the Rootsweb Carroll message board.

Here is what he sent me :
I put in Bold face, Jim's line.

E-mail from Jim(James) Carroll Andrews on his Carroll line :

I have been looking for the family of Daniel Carroll for many years and this is what I have:

Born abt 1765 in Ireland, died after 1831 in Wharton Twp, Fayette Co, Pa.

Married Barbary (sp?) Cogswell Ross

Children:

Katherine, b 1893 in Wharton Twp, Fayette Co, Pa. MArried Nathaniel Hart
Daniel (Jr?), b 1798, buried, Industry, IL (my GGGrandfather).
Married Nancy Sampe
James, b 1800, Married Jane Scott
Joseph, b 1803, Married Nancy Scott
William, b 1810, Married Sarah Conaway
Mary, b 1810, Married Cyrus Gooden

Daniel & Nancy Sampe had:

Elizabeth,
Melvina, Married Granville H. Reynolds in Fayette Co, PA 1851
Margaret,
John,
Daniel Morgan,
Martha,
James Sampe,
William H.,
Malinda,
Mary Ann,

Granville Reynolds fought in the Civil War w/ the Illinois Volunteersand homesteaded near Indusrty, McDonough Co, IL where he is buried.Melvina died in Abingdon, Knox Co, IL where she is buried.I know this sounds like a lot of info (I have more if you areinterested) but would like to trace the family back to Ireland as wel las the spouses.Any information that relates to this family would be helpful and appreciated.Thanks in advance,


Jim (James) Carroll Andrews of Green Bay, WI. You can reach Jim at :
kayd4774( at)itol.com

Jim, I hope that this helps you. If anyone links up to Jim's family, or may have an information to help him, please contact him.


See you all soon .

No comments: